Unity Tutorial 04


I learned from Lesson 2.1 that info statements are one of the most important tools when it comes to adding logic to your projects. I discovered that if you want to create a less than value in programming, you have to use the “<” symbol as the computer won’t understand the word “less than”. I also learned that by using one variable instead of two separate variables, that this will limit clutter build up in your script. I discovered from Lesson 2.2 that a “Prefab Variant” allows us to reuse an object in other projects as it maintains the same settings and scripts from when you created the variant. This means that if you want to use an object in another game and have the same actions, you can drag the variant into your hierarchy from your project files and you won’t need to program it all over again. I also learned that the “GetKeyDown” function means when the designated key is pressed, the programmed action will be performed. I discovered that the “Instantiate” method can be used to create copies of an object that already exists. I really enjoyed programming the player to be able to launch pizza projectiles and programming objects to disappear when reaching a certain point within the scene.

"Lesson 2.2 Food Fight Progress"
Source: Personal screenshot I took in Unity


Comments