Unity Tutorial 06


I learned from lesson 3.1 that the “Sprite Renderer” is a component that enables us to render or see images in our game or environment. I discovered that carrots are used in programming to find the type of components used on a certain object. I learned that the method “AddForce” is used to make objects move through using physics. I really enjoyed adding gravity and force to objects in this exercise. I learned that “bool” is short for Boolean. I also learned that the “bool” variable is a value that accounts for true or false. I discovered that this is useful when you are using conditional statements so they can check if something is true or false. I discovered that you can freeze different movements when using a “Rigidbody”. I now know that this can be achieved by going to the constraints dropdown menu within the settings of a “Rigidbody”, then choose the axis you want to freeze the movement of. I learned from lesson 3.2 that using tags on objects is a useful way to equip a function to a desired object when programming. I enjoyed using tags to make objects disappears or stop function within my programming. I learned from lesson 3.3 that the animator controller is the way we control the current state that the player at the moment is in. I enjoyed playing around with various animations for my player.


"Unity Lesson 3.1-3.3 Progress"
Source: Personal screenshot I took in Unity.

Comments