Wikipedia Trail: Happiness - Psychoanalysis

The first Wikipedia article I read was called "Happiness". My curiosity led me to this article as I completed a learning challenge this week which was called "11 Things To Become Happier" which is why the topic of happiness was on my mind. I had a feeling if I used the topic of happiness to start my Wikipedia trail that it would lead me down some interesting paths.

The second article I read was called "Mental health". My curiosity led me to this article as I was intrigued to try and discover some new surrounding the topic of mental health. I found it interesting that mental health could be described as "an absence of mental illness". I have never heard of it described as that before.

The third article I read was called "Positive psychology". My curiosity led me to this article as I was interested to learn some new information surrounding the topic of positive psychology. I was unaware that positive psychology "began as a new domain of psychology in 1998 when Martin Seligman chose it as the theme for his term as president of the American Psychological Association". I also found it humorous that positive psychology was described as "the scientific study of the "good life". I never heard it being referred to like that before.

The fourth article I read was called "Psychoanalysis". My curiosity led me to this article as I was interested to learn about the topic of psychoanalysis. I didn't know the definition of psychoanalysis was "a set of theories and therapeutic techniques related to the study of the unconscious mind, which together form a method of treatment for mental-health disorders." I was also unaware that the "discipline was established in the early 1890s by Austrian neurologist Sigmund Freud and stemmed partly from the clinical work of Josef Breuer and others."

"An Interesting Quote To Get You Thinking"
Created by: deeplifequotes
Source: creativecommons
Changes were not made to this image.
License



Comments