Unity Free Tutorials

I watched the tutorial on YouTube called "FIRST PERSON MOVEMENT in Unity - FPS Controller". I discovered how to create a character controller component and how to view the outline of your character through the Gizmos panel. I also discovered how to change the size of the character controller. I enjoyed creating an object to use as the base for my character. I learnt how to properly place your camera within your character so if you collide with objects, the camera doesn't go through them. I found understanding the way the velocity worked slightly challenging. I'm looking forward to implementing a specific moving style to my character for my game now after watching this tutorial.

I watched a tutorial on YouTube called "Shooting with Raycasts - Unity Tutorial". I discovered that you can download asset files that come with various presets for you. These can be seen when you import the assets into unity. I learnt how to add various effects to your weapon such as damage and range. I also discovered how to choose what button triggers actions such as shooting. I enjoyed playing around with different cross hairs for my gun. I found it challenging implementing physics to the gun. I am looking forward to searching for gun assests for my game after watching this tutorial.

"A Game Character Model"
Created by: Kames Andrade
Source: creativecommons
Changes were not made to this image.
License

Comments