Arguably My Favourite Game Ever!

I have a lot of games I would have like to have written about but instead of comparing a multitude of games, I decided to write about the first game that popped into my head.

The first game that came to mind was Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. This was easily one of my favourite games to ever play due to its compelling storyline and historical qualities. I loved the idea of being able to explore 16th century Rome freely through the open world that the game offered. I was able to be present in a time in which I wasn't even born and relive what life was like. This to me was a huge aspect as to why the game gripped me so much. 

Ezio Auditore the main character (left) meeting a new friend...
Creator: PlayStation Europe
License
Changes were not made to the image.
Source

I was introduced to people I had only heard about in history class such as Leonardo da Vinci, Lorenzo de' Medici and members of the Borgia family. I felt like I was bringing a person back to life and meeting them for the first time. I also found getting to relive historical events one of the most exciting parts of the game even though everything that happened was not 100% factual, there was parts of it that were and that was all that mattered to my 12 year old self... 

Leonardo da Vinci was employed by Cesare Borgia from 1502 to 1503 as a military architect and engineer. This was to construct war machines and fortify fortresses. The game gave you the opportunity to use these weapons that Leonardo supposedly invented and created and use them first hand! I mean how fun was that? being able to mount a machine gun on a horse-drawn chariot and take down bad guys in a time when it probably wasn't even created. 

Comments

  1. Hi Ciaran,

    You described your favourite so well in this blog. When I saw what game it was it immediately caught my attention as I have seen the movie based on it. I'm sure you've seen the movie - I thought it was great. I'd definitely try playing this game as I love adventure games and being able to travel around virtual worlds. I can't wait to read more of your blogs!!

    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment