Unity Tutorial 03


I learned from lesson 1.4 that when programming, it's best to type in lowercase when using variables, classes, objects and methods so they are easy to identify when looking at scripts. I also discovered that the Input Manager is a helpful way to gather information from different kinds of inputs whether it's a keyboard, mouse or controller etc. to make programming easier for you. I discovered how to keep your hierarchy organised in Unity by right clicking on the hierarchy window, then click on "Create Empty". I learned that this creates a folder where I can store multiple similar objects so that my hierarchy window doesn't become cluttered. I also seen the importance of commenting on your programming so it’s easy to see what you are doing and avoids confusion. I enjoyed programming the car to be able to drive properly down the road. I found “Plane Programming” quite challenging. I couldn’t find some of my assets in Unity after I downloaded them which meant I wasn’t able to do certain parts of the exercise. I really enjoyed the challenge of trying to program the movements of the plane however. I was eventually able to achieve the movement of the plane. I didn’t get around to completing any of the bonus tasks as I focus on trying to get the movements of the plane correct.

"Plane Programming Progress"
Source: Personal screenshot I took in Unity


Comments