Unity Tutorial 02

I had already encountered a lot of what was in Lesson 1.1 before when creating my game last semester. I discovered how to navigate the camera in inspector mode using various shortcuts on the keyboard though which was something I never knew how to do before. I also enjoyed changing the overall layout of my Unity as I felt the important sections became more prioritized in the software. I learned how to give something a forward motion in Lesson 1.2 as well as gaining an understanding of what documentation is in programming. I did most of my learning in Lesson 1.3 where I discovered how to add speed and weight to objects. I also learned that it is possible to move four different elements at a time manually by selecting them all in the hierarchy. I learned that by using the keyword float in programming, it helps the computer understand that you are about to create a number with decimals in it. I also learned that by putting the word public in front of keywords, it allows values to be viewed within Unity. I enjoyed learning how to make the main camera follow the player by adding in a Vector 3 variable. I also really enjoyed learning how to edit the playmode tint colour in Unity. I had a lot of fun playing around with various colours to see which suited me the most.

"Lesson 1.1 - 1.3 Unity Progress"
Source: Personal screenshot I took in Unity




Comments